August 25, 2009

It doesn't get much better than this...

Rule #8: This is a variation of a previous rule, “Just because it’s green doesn’t mean it will look good as a lawn substitute” (see Rule #2). In this case, it could be re-written, “Just because you love mini putt golf doesn’t mean turf is a good lawn substitute.”

I’ll admit – I think I may actually be experiencing a tiny bit of guilt about posting this. I can imagine the enthusiasm that went into planning the front yard:

“Oooh! Oooh! I know! Instead of grass, why don’t we get us some of that nice turf, like they got at them mini putt golf courses? It would look good all de time, we wouldn’t haff to water…”
“…or mow de lawn!”
“…and we could install a fancy fence.”
“Aqua blue.”
“Yeah, aqua blue. With silver beads draped from it..."
"…and Christmas ornaments!”
“Yeah, man! We can make a little courtyard. Have nice white plastic chairs and all. Lots o’ little fairy statues.”



No comments: